[Prev][Index]

Aegean Project mailing list

Welcome to the Aegean Project mailing list.

We've set up a mailing list for the participants of the Aegean Project
and our proposal to the upcoming ARPA K12 program.  Mail sent to
aegean@cs.umbc.edu will be redistributed to the current subscribers of
the list.  The charter members are:

  bbricker@tmn.com
  cbolster@pbs.org
  dmcintyre@pbs.org
  dword@tmn.com
  elkerson@tmn.com
  finin@cs.umbc.edu
  lisa@tmn.com
  lklueter@tmn.com
  marcmont@tmn.com
  mdavis@tmn.com
  mhkruter@pbs.org
  nicholas@cs.umbc.edu
  perks@umbc.edu
  peter@tmn.com
  seidman@math.umbc.edu
  shdavis@tmn.com
  sherman@cs.umbc.edu
  sokolove@umbc.edu
  turner@cs.umbc.edu
  warnock@clark.net

If you want to get off the list, send email to majordomo@cs.umbc.edu
with "unsubscribe aegean" in the message body.  If someone else wants
to get on the list, tell them to send majordomo@cs.umbc.edu a mail
message with the text "subscribe aegean" in the body.  All requests to
subscribe or unsubscribe must be approved by the mailing list
administrator (me) before they take effect, so we can control who is
on the list.  Mail sent to this list will be archived in a file
accessible from the aegean world-wide-web page.

We have also set up a World-wide Web page for this project --
"http://www.cs.umbc.edu/www/aegean/".  This is a public web page, but
from it you can reach a private collection of pages that require you
to use a special password before you can access them.  Currently, you
can access these pages using the user name "aegean" and password
"bigbird".  Not all web clients will work with this type of security.
I believe that the NCSA Mosaic and Netscape Mosaic browsers will work
and it appears that lynx does not.  Let me (finin@cs.umbc.edu) know if
you have trouble accessing the private pages.

Tim